Fishing at Northern Light Lake
As of May 2019 we will no longer be selling fishing licences/outdoors cards at the resort. Be sure to get yours online at: http://www.ontario.ca/page/fishing.
- Historical research has indicated that Northern Light Lake produces some of the biggest and fastest growing walleye in Northern Ontario
- We promote catch and release of trophy fish, this ensures a healthy fishery for years to come
- Be sure to take a picture and share it with us for our website photo gallery or on our Facebook page
- This lake has many bays with an abundance of islands, reefs and rocky shorelines along with several sandy beaches all of which contribute to an enhanced habitat for our healthy population of fish
- Lake depths reach 130 feet, the average depth is 35 feet
- Perimeter of the lake is 283 km (177 miles)
- Northern Light lake consists of three sections connected by channels
- Varying depths of the lake allow for a variety of fishing techniques
- Commonly used baits are minnows, leeches, worms and artificial lures
- There are many species of fish in Northern Light Lake including walleye, lake trout, small mouth bass,
northern pike, whitefish, burbot (freshwater ling) and perch
- Northern Light Lake is part of FMZ 6
- See fishing regulations summary for more information. Click here for details
- Fall fishing is exceptional, lots of big walleye that measure 30 inches and more in length have been caught. Join us for a memorable fishing vacation today!
- Lake Trout season opens on Feb 1st and runs through to March 31st
- Cabins are available, call us today at 807-933-5025 or email email@example.com for winter availability!